|iCMG_628: Technical Architect with 14+ years Finance, Insurance, eCommerce J2EE|
|Clients worked for:
Fifth third Bank
American Municipal Power-AMP
Nationwide Better Health
Aetna, Blue Bell
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier
Amnesty International USA
CHASE Manhattan Bank
Finance, Insurance, eCommerce
My Architectural Skills and Engagements:
* Experienced with legacy systems and complex technical environments using multiple technologies and languages.
* Ability to understand business requirements and translate into architectural deliverables.
* Thorough knowledge of data, infrastructure and programming concepts.
* Experienced in multi-platform infrastructure distributed environments.
* Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to meet complex business needs.
* Strong conceptual, analytical and decision-making skills.
* Experienced in producing system and application architecture and design documentation.
* Technical expertise and experience in network technology, user support services, digital communications, security, web services and legal issues in technology within a multi-faceted organization.
* Conducting external research to stay current on industry and technology trends.
* Created and effectively used performance measurements to quantify and benchmark technology productivity, effectiveness and customer service levels.
* Ensured that technology and tools are relevant, supports revenue generation initiatives and are scalable and robust.
* Directed and supported IT engineering staff on design and implementation of information systems.
* Supervised a highly technical staff and assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT staff.
* Established working partnerships with areas across the company including: Chief Information Office, Chief Technology Office, Finance and Enterprise Architecture, as well as, the Claims, Sales, Personal & Business Insurance and Service business areas.
* Developed Technology Roadmaps that outline the future-state architecture and sequence of technology investments that will enable the long-term business vision.
* Executed Strategic Analyses to develop fact-based recommendations.
* Created Execution Plans that transition high-level business strategy and roadmaps into delivery through definition of program structure, as well as, project scope, timelines, resources models and financials.
* Ensured the successful completion for all department engagements by working directly with team members and sponsors by setting expectations, developing the approach, reviewing findings, etc.
* Participated on steering committees to vet findings and provide feedback at various milestone deliveries.
In addition to above experience, I have the ability to perform the responsibilities of an AVP of IT as, I involved in all aspects of Information Technology (IT), including strategic planning, training, infrastructure and policy for information technology and the implementation of action plans that encompass and advance IT over the past 5 years with several clients.
In that process I have built a culture of technical and process innovation and specifically driven the use of Technology, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of systems to enhance the company. I ensured that effective communications and change management processes are in place to support Technology programs and processes. I also made sure to determine and develop the company information needs including an overall strategy for systems development and hardware acquisition and integration.
My Leadership and Management Skills:
* Strategic thinking, analytical capability and thought leadership.
* Ability to form relationships with senior, business and technology leaders and drive / influence key decisions.
* Comfortable interacting with business and leadership.
* Strong leadership skills with an ability to manage multiple, concurrent initiatives.
* Ability to effectively collaborate with teams and individuals across the Enterprise.
* Ability to mentor, coach and cultivate a high performing team.
* Experienced in managing, evaluating and training IT staff.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, follow a project plan and meet project deliverables.
* Experienced in managing and implementing complex technology projects.
* Managed an internal consulting organization within the company IT that is comprised of experienced resources.
* Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation and listening) and ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience and executive management.
My Planning Skills:
* Conceptualized, evaluated, and implemented information technology strategies, plans, and priorities.
* Developed, maintained and tested enterprise-wide business recovery plans to ensure timely and effective restoration of technology services and in the event of a disaster.
* Guided the development of IT policies and procedures.
* Prepared and manage the annual IT plan and related budget.
* Recommended long-range and short-range management information system plans and budgets.
* Ensured compliance with all enterprise desktop software application licensing.
Countries worked in: India, USA